An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Editorial Assistant to join the Preschool, Brands and Classics teams, working on the Campbell Books and Preschool imprints. Campbell publishes novelty board books, such as lift-the-flap books, for 0-5 year olds and Preschool publishes interactive books for young readers.
We are looking for a highly organised, creative and enthusiastic individual, preferably with some previous experience of working in a publishing environment, to provide day-to-day editorial and administrative support to our busy and dynamic team. You will be expected to liaise with authors and illustrators and maintain strong working relationships with members of the editorial, design, production and sales teams.
Your usual day might include setting up a new title on our publishing management system, coordinating PDF material for a bookfair, amending files for a reprint, processing invoices, taking minutes at a meeting, sending out publication copies to an author, writing Instagram copy and proofreading a set of layouts.
The key tasks of the role will include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Meeting support including managing agendas and minutes
• Supporting the editorial team with admin tasks and data management using publishing systems including Biblio, Vista, File Director and Bookscan
• Processing invoices and contractual payment requests
• Liaising with authors, illustrators and agents
• Working with the design team and external illustrators
• Co-ordinating and responding to sales material requests from Sales and Rights colleagues
The ideal candidate will:
• Demonstrate an inclusive approach
• Have some previous experience of working in an office environment, preferably a publishing office
• Have a broad knowledge and interest in children’s preschool publishing
• Be self-motivated and highly flexible – happy to move between tasks as priorities dictate and manage multiple tasks effectively
• Have excellent oral communication and interpersonal skills
• Have an impeccable eye for detail and excellent understanding of the English language including grammar, punctuation and semantics
• Be computer literate (Microsoft Office/Excel and Google programmes) and highly numerate
We’d love it if you had:
• Experience of publishing management systems such as Biblio
• Knowledge of Indesign and other Adobe programmes
This is a full time, permanent role, and will be based in our offices in Farringdon, London, with some flexibility to work from home each week.
Salary starting from: £24,000 onwards
Closing Date: 5th February 2023
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity & Inclusion Pledge is available here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application