In this busy and wide-ranging role, you will be responsible for the smooth running of our administrative and editorial processes. You will be a key member of a team that comprises two Pan Publishing Directors. You will learn about all aspects of a book’s life, from acquisition to publishing. We are looking for someone who is interested in commercial fiction and can multitask and meet deadlines.
Key tasks of the role include -
- Keeping our bibliographic database and book metadata up to date
- Assisting the publishing directors with acquiring books by creating costings and researching the competition
- Writing agendas and minutes for departmental meetings
- Preparing texts for handover to the production team
- Sending authors copies of their books
- Helping with picture research and clearing permissions
- Coding invoices and getting approval for author payments
- Acting as the main port of call for colleagues who have questions about the publishing schedule and fielding external enquiries
The ideal candidate will have (essential skills and experience) –
- Excellent administration skills with the ability to organise, prioritise and manage workflow
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail
- A willingness to learn new skills and software
- Aptitude for team work
- Ability to work calmly under pressure
We’d love it if you have (desirable) –
- Familiarity with Biblio, MS Word, Powerpoint & Excel, Adobe, & the Google suite
- Evidence of working with bespoke in-house systems and/or willingness to learn
- The desire to contribute ideas
Salary starting from: £24,000 onwards
Hiring Manager: Vicki Mellor, Publishing Director
Closing Date: 4 July 2022
This role will be based in our offices in Farringdon, London, with some flexibility to work from home.
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity & Inclusion Pledge is available here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion.
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application