Do you have the flair, energy and enthusiasm to join our ambitious, award-winning creative team at one of the UK’s top children’s publishers?
The role offers a rare opportunity to work across a broad range of children’s publishing for all ages, from picture books to classics and non-fiction. You will play a key role in supporting the editors, authors and illustrators across lists that include number one bestselling talents, rising stars and exciting debuts. We are a supportive team which values initiative, creative thinking and a desire to reach as many readers as possible.
You will be responsible for providing day-to-day editorial and administrative support for the editorial teams working on both the Picture Books, Heritage and Classics list, and the Two Hoots imprint. Working as part of a busy and dynamic department, you will assist with the overall management of the publishing programme, and liaise with Editorial, Design, Sales, Communications, Rights and Production colleagues, as well as with Authors, Illustrators and Agents. The role combines task management with excellent administration, organization, and communication skills.
Your usual day might begin catching-up with colleagues over the free company breakfast in our beautiful, airy Farringdon office, or even outside on the terrace. This would be followed by a busy working day during which you might help to read and respond to book submissions, manage reprints, new-cover and ebook editions, write copy for sales material, post on social media, update and maintain internal data systems, process invoices, check book proofs, co-ordinate team agendas and take minutes for key meetings.
The successful candidate will:
- Have strong communication skills, both written and oral, as well as good numeracy skills
- Be highly organised, and able to work under pressure with multiple calls on their time, while prioritising effectively and working independently
- Be digitally savvy, with a good understanding of social media
- Have some knowledge of, and a demonstrable enthusiasm for, the children’s book market and industry
- Have a good visual sense and love of design and illustration
- Be pro-active and flexible, able to anticipate and act pre-emptively in fulfilling the needs of the team
- Value accuracy and pay great attention to detail in everything they do, with an excellent understanding of the English language, i.e grammar, punctuation etc.
- Be hard-working, enthusiastic, and professional
- Be comfortable using Microsoft Office and have the ability to learn relevant internal publishing systems
We'd love it if you have:
- Previous experience of working in an office
- Basic knowledge of the life cycle of a book
- A love for working with others
- Used or are familiar with Google for Work (Gmail/google applications)
Salary starting from: £24,000
Closing Date: 26th June 2022
This is a full time, permanent role, and will be based in our offices in Farringdon, London, with some flexibility to work from home each week.
We are highly committed to equality and diversity. We welcome applications from all individuals, regardless of age, gender, ethnicity, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, socio-economic background, religion and/or belief. Our full Diversity & Inclusion Pledge is available here https://www.panmacmillan.com/about/diversity-and-inclusion
All applicants must be able to demonstrate the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for this role.
Please note that all personal information which we process in connection with your application will be treated in accordance with our Recruitment Privacy Notice available here: https://panmacmillan.com/recruitment-privacy-notice. Please read our Recruitment Privacy Notice before submitting your application